Monday 24 October 2011

Manchester Book Fair

I helped out on our stall at Manchester Book Fair and was glad I did. I hoped to talk to more people, but it is hard to start making conversation! We sold a few items, but not as much as I thought we would. The book fair was more craft based than design based and there was quite a bit of illustration rather than type. After saying that I am surprised that I sold one of my books, it was also the first item to sell (so I was pretty happy!).

On reflection I think it may have been better if I had produced something more illustrative, than a type specimen booklet for this event but it is part of my submission for OUGD301. It would have also been great if I could have collected some more business cards and spoke to more professionals.


No comments:

Post a Comment