Tuesday 20 October 2009

OUGD101 Alphabet Soup "Compress" (Evaluation)

Jonny Finch evaluated my Compress piece, here is what he had to say...

What is being communicated and how?
The word being communicted is compress. This has been done filling the negative space around each letterform with crushed cans.

How well does this answer the brief?
The final piece answers the brief well as it communicates the word instantly. There could however have been slightly too much focus on the cans around the letterform rather than the actual style of letter.

How well has the idea been visually explored?
The idea has been well managed and methodically thought through with clear thoughts on layout and materials. I also like the subtle things like the placement of each letter at the bottom of the page like it has been crushed there.

What are the strengths of the resolution?
The main strength is the final resolution as it quickly communicates what it is meant to. In terms of a weakness I would like to have seen some more experimental early approaches in the research stage.

How could it be improved?
One way I feel it could be improved is by changing or tweaking the white letters as it is a little harsh against the colour of the cans.

General comments...
I really like the overall body of work and the final resolution does exactaly what it is meant to by communication the word compress quickly and effectively.

I agree with Jonnys comments overall and will try and work more on the development of my ideas and think about the final outcome in terms of finishing touches as I am not too happy with the quality of my final piece and should probably tested the print on other materials first.

No comments:

Post a Comment