Sunday 22 November 2009

OUGD101 Self Evaluation

What practical skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I have learnt more about the printroom and how to effectively use my time in response to a brief. I have learnt how to develop my ideas better and get a better final piece because of this. I think I applied these beBoldst in the "No News Is Good News" brief.

What approaches to/methods of problem solving have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
I have developed my research methods by using books and internet. Also through crits I have learnt that hearing responses is helpful, but sometimes it is better to go with your gut feeling, but take constructive critism.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I think my strength lies in digital design and I enjoy it the most. In future I would like to try and get bette at hand drawn designs but I'm sure I will always resolve to use digital where appropriate.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?
I need to think of more ideas and develop these to find the best one. Also to think more simply and develop what will deliver a message most effectively.

Identify 5 things that you will do differently next time and what do you exoect to gain from doing these?
  1. Generate more initial ideas as the final resolution may be better
  2. Think about colour usage as my message will appear clearer if I use appropriate colours.
  3. Make more effort in group work and not get so frustrated, we may produce something better with more co-operation.
  4. Research more thoroughly, who, what, why and how?
  5. Never use a pencil again and begin to love black tips =(
Are there any things we could have done differently that would have benefitted your progress?
Maybe tell us why we were doing some tasks so we could get more out of them, such as on the coloured paper tasks for no news is good news. But saying that, I have learn alot from this short time of being on this course so I can really say anything bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment