Monday 10 May 2010

Speaking from experience (design direction boards)

I had John again in this crit and found some of his feedback useful, I am going to work on some of the suggestions from this crit, but not all of them. I don't want to go too far make people uncomfortable by using rules which are offensive, overwhelming the new students or create a giant sticker, just because.

Issues raised
  • Lack of colour
  • Location of products
  • Could be more humerous
  • Stickers could be developed further

Action to be taken
  • Experiement with colour such as using orange and green for rule #11. Green and orange make Amber see red. Not too sure about this as it defeat the object, but I will experiment with this style and could possibly use the design as a hypocrite for the rule.
  • Walk around college and think of the places where people may look without meaning to. Floor... ceiling... places you wouldn't expect to see informative design. 
  • Think about the message and John believed some of he rules I did not include in my final selection would have been good. I am not sure about this and am going to stick with the 12 I have chosen. 
  • I am going to sketch out some more ideas and see if I can develop the sticker idea on further... stickers may not be the answer and appropriate medium for all the rules. 
PICTURE OF DESIGN DIRECTION BOARDS

No comments:

Post a Comment