Tuesday 12 April 2011

Direct mail packaging test

"Recently I received two mailpieces containing the same credit card offer. One was the standard letter in a #10 window envelope that I'd received countless times. The other was a beautiful (and expensive) wedding-style invitation. I opened the invitation, pitched the #10, and didn't respond to either since the last thing I need is another credit card." Website.

My take...
Seeing as neither was responded to that looks pretty damning. However, the receiver did choose to open the more interesting one. Showing that looks do count and more interesting mail-shots get results. Obviously if the audience does not need what is being offered it wont be that successful. But if your content is interesting enough to a design company I have heard of some DIrectors and Managers keeping interesting mailshots and CVs. I think I would. 

No comments:

Post a Comment