Thursday 21 April 2011

Oh bugger...

I am a bloody idiot. For some stupid reason I thought that Eight:48 was made by Form Fifty Five, which also ran Counter-Print. I have no idea how I made this connection, the only thing I can think of is the numbers in each of the companies.

Email from Counter-Print clearing up my mis-guided and somehow confused mind!

Basically it goes like this… we run a design company called Leterme Dowling, that's the day job and pays the bills, we also set up Counter-Print to sell vintage books and Counter-Objects to sell prints, posters and stuff.
Eight:48 was set up as a sister magazine to Counter-Print and Counter-Objects, in which we would promote the work of people we admire and people we've met along the way. It's a bit confusing I know. Next year we want to streamline the whole thing.
Feel free to send your work to us at this address, and we'll let you know what we think!

Hope this clears it up,
Celine
x

Oh yeah... and it turns out Celine is Celine Leterme, Founding Partner. 
I really haven't presented myself in the way I wanted when getting in touch with Professionals in this instance, but I have been myself and not false, she has seen the ditsy side of me and hopefully she isn't offended!

This is how we get in touch. I bought issies 1-4 of Eight:48 from Counter-Print and recieved this email and subsequent emails back...

Celine:
Hi Hazel,
Thank you for your order.
Your 4 newspapers will be posted out to you today.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards,
Celine
PS. May I ask where you heard about us? I look forward to hearing from you.

Me:
Hi Celine,
I think I found alike on the Form Fifty FIve website... however I cannot find it now!
Just had another peek at your site and I love it! I will definately be ordering many more things from you in the future! I can't seem to find Elephant or Futu which are 2 magazine I am trying to get my hands on currently. Do you think in the future you would stock these?
Thanks,
Hazel.

Celine:
Hi Hazel,
Thank you for getting back to me. Sorry for me oh so late reply! We have been very busy over here!
If we come across the requested magazines I will get in contact with you.
Have a lovely weekend.
Kind Regards,
Celine

Me:
Thanks Celine, that would be great!
Is counter-print in conjunction with Form Fifty Five? I am interested about learning more about them and possibly getting some feedback on my work, as I am a Graphic Design student, anything like this would be amazing and so helpful to my future development.
Thanks for all your help, brilliant!
Hazel.

Celine:
Hi Hazel,
No we aren't anything to do with FormFiftyFive I'm afraid, what made you think that out of interest?
Sorry,
Celine

Me:
Oh sorry for the miss-interpretation!
Simply because you both have quite prominent links to one another on your sites, and on yours, not directly to others apart from blogs, apart from the link to Leterme Dowling on the left. Also that Eight:48 has a prominent positioning on the page and seems to be the only regular magazine that you stock.
I miss-understood, oops!
Hazel.

Celine: Hi Hazel,
In your original email you said 'FormFiftyFive', not 'Eight:48'.
I think this is where the confusion lies, as FormFiftyFive is another blog which we don't have anything to do with.
Yes, we are affiliated with Eight:48. It is our sister magazine.
Basically it goes like this… we run a design company called Leterme Dowling, that's the day job and pays the bills, we also set up Counter-Print to sell vintage books and Counter-Objects to sell prints, posters and stuff.
Eight:48 was set up as a sister magazine to Counter-Print and Counter-Objects, in which we would promote the work of people we admire and people we've met along the way. It's a bit confusing I know. Next year we want to streamline the whole thing.
Feel free to send your work to us at this address, and we'll let you know what we think!
Hope this clears it up,
Celine
x

Me:
Oh dear I am so sorry!
This is classic example of me miss-understanding things! I completely get it now, a huge thank you!
For some reason I thought Form Fifty Five made Eight:48. My brain probably made a strange connection because of the numbers... thats the only way I can explain it!
Ever so sorry but yes of course I would love your feedback! I am following Leterme Dowling on Titter and I was intending on emailing them soon with a sampler of my work.
Thank you once again for explaining everything, and again I am sorry for my stupidity!
Hazel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment